What is the November Challenge?
We had such an amazing response to our October Challenge that we've decided to do it again in November, but with some bonuses for those building multiple skills.
- For the first skill you publish with Voice Apps in November, we'll give you a $10 Amazon Gift Card!
- For every additional skill you publish in November, we'll give you a $5 Amazon Gift card!
--- PLUS ---
- For every skill you publish in November, you'll get one entry into a drawing for a $1000 Amazon Gift Card!
So, for example, if you were to build 10 skills in November and get them certified, you'd get a $55 ($10 Amazon Gift Card for your first skill and $5 for the other 9 skills). You'd also get 10 entries into our $1000 drawing!
What do you need to do?
All you need to do is create a skill with Voice Apps and get it published and live on the Amazon Skill store.
We encourage you to publish your skill in as many languages/locales as you can. If you are creating a skill in English, choose all 5 of the English locales when creating your skill.
You must submit your skills to Amazon for certification and get them approved.
The more skills you create and publish, the more rewards you can get! There's no limit!
See the Voice Apps terms and conditions at the bottom of this page.
What skills should I create?
You can build any skill you want for this challenge. You can customize our sample templates and make them your own or create one from scratch. Here are some ideas to get you started:
Fact Skill - plays interesting facts on a particular subject
Joke Skill - tells funny jokes to entertain users
Flash Briefing Skill - can include text or audio content
Sound Skill - plays sleep, relaxation, or meditation sounds
Podcast Skill - plays a podcast, radio station, or other streaming audio
Click this button to get started!
As always... if you get stuck or have questions, we are here to help you every step of the way. Just use the live chat feature at the bottom right hand corner of Voice Apps!
We can't wait to see what you build!
Q: I don't live in the United States. Am I still eligible for the promotion?
A: Yes! Anyone can qualify for the promotion as long as it's not prohibited by law.
Q: Do skills that were in certification at the end of October, but not certified count towards November?
A: No. Any skills that were awaiting certification at the end of October that subsequently get certified will be counted towards the October promotion.
Q: What happens if I've submitted my skill before the end of November, but it's still waiting on Amazon to complete the certification.
A: We keep track of the status of your skills. If the skill is "In Certification" at the end of November and subsequently gets certified, we will count it for the promotion.
Voice Apps Promotion Terms and Conditions
- Offer valid for developers who publish an Alexa skill during the promotional period and notify Voice Apps of completion. The promotion period ends on November 31, 2018 at midnight (CT).
- This offer is open to all developers in any locale.
- Promotion benefits earned will be distributed within 60 days after you qualify for the offer.
- Qualifying developers will be notified via e-mail.
- Developers must send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with their name, mailing address, and their Amazon Skill IDs or Voice Apps project IDs to qualify for the promotion.
- The skills must be submitted through the Amazon developer portal, must comply with the Amazon Certification Guidelines, and must be approved by Amazon for publication during the promotional period.
- Skill must be live (not suppressed) when the validation occurs to be considered.
- Offer may not be combined with other offers.
- Voice Apps reserves the right to modify or cancel the offer at any time.
- Promotion benefits are non-transferable and cannot be resold or redeemed for cash if returned.
- Employees of Voice Apps or its affiliates are not eligible to participate.
- If you violate any of these terms, the offer will be invalid.
- To be eligible for the promotion, you must publish qualifying skills to the Amazon catalog during the promotion period. Updates to existing skills (published to the catalog before the current promotion period) will not qualify for the promotion.
- Offer void where prohibited.